Tuesday, March 16, 2010

#20

Exploring YouTube can really be a depressing business when there is so much stupidity to wade through! And cruelty - the main page today featured an obese teen singing very badly and was obviously there because people enjoy laughing at her. I've had the most experience using it to find authors reading from or discussing their work. I embed them in the Discussion Guides I create for the Readers' Cafe. I've also enjoyed finding video of singers and bands from my youth in England in the 60's. A very nostalgic experience! Today I decided to find video of my favorite opera aria - Purcell's Dido's Lament. It is very interesting to see different versions and compare the changing styles in staging and costume over the years. The best version I saw today is here:

No comments:

Post a Comment